This webinar will focus on general areas that will enhance the participant’s mindset in mitigating the threat of workplace violence by taking proactive prevention measures through an proactive, agile, integrated, collaborated, coordinated and communicated effort and execution. The following questions will be addressed:
- How vulnerable is your workplace? How do you know?
- How trusting and confident is your workforce in you ability to provide for their safety and security? Have you asked them?
- How to influence and implement an organizational prevention response? Why not?
- What methodologies or approaches are you currently using? Do you have a process? Or do you have a cookie-cutter?
- How a culture of connectivity collaborates to minimize workplace violence? Why not work together?
- What is the leader’s role in prevention? What will you say to the jury?
- What are unintentional consequences and how do they play a role in contributing factors? Why doesn’t the employer know this?
- How the employer can withstand an OSHA Inspection? Why not?
- How to improve your awareness of high risk establishments and what to do?
- What is management’s implied and direct role and responsibility in managing the Active Assailant Threat? Call the police!
5 Major Take Aways
- Preventing workplace violence takes an organizational commitment through a Robust, Agile and Proactive Process (RAP)
- Preventing workplace violence requires multiple intervention strategies in avoiding the surprise situation
- The Human Resources, Safety, Security, other Managers and the workforce has a collaborative role in prevention
- Understanding worksite specific assessments and evaluations are key in recognizing and minimizing risks
- Preventing workplace violence is an ongoing process
“Most organizations have developed a functional blindness to their own defects. They are not suffering because they cannot resolve their problems because they cannot see their problems.” ~ John W. Gardner, Leadership